OakBend Medical Center has revised its visitation policy in concert with the other major hospital systems in the Houston area in response to the COVID-19 pandemic as noted below. These changes will remain in effect until further notice:
Effective Tuesday, October 13, OakBend Medical Center will implement a modification to our Visitor Policy to allow one visitor per patient per day. This decision comes as a result of weeks of research, executive team meetings, assessment of the impact of COVID-19 hospital wide as well as across the Greater Houston and Fort Bend communities to ensure that we can continue to provide a healthy and safe working environment for not only our OakBend patients, but our staff and physicians.
Please review the details of our modified Visitor Policy and exclusions:
• One visitor per patient per day
• Visiting hours are 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
• No visitors under the age of 18 allowed
• No visitors allowed on the COVID-19 unit as well as isolation patients until further notice
• No visitors allowed in Skilled Nursing Facility
• The main lobby doors will remain closed after 5:00 PM. The Emergency Room entrance will remain open 24/7.
• Cloth masks are not allowed at OakBend facilities. Patients and visitors will be provided a surgical mask upon entry to facility.
We have not made this decision lightly. Our patients, community and our staff are very important to us. We understand that this will be a difficult change for our patients and their loved ones. However, the rapidly increasing number of COVID-19 patients in the Greater Houston area makes this necessary.
Medical Records Policy:
• To obtain a copy of your medical records, please call the Health Information Management Department at (281) 341-4852. Our release of information specialists will be happy to assist you. The fax number is (281) 341-4845. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.