OakBend Hospital Partners with John West Therapy Services to provide outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation services. Together we combine a community minded healthcare organization with the areas most experienced and qualified therapists to provide the highest level of treatment to our patients.
Whether you require inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation services our therapist provide comprehensive therapy services with the upmost integrity, honesty, respect and compassion to ensure you achieve you maximum functional potential.
Patient-centered care is our philosophy. In order to make your therapy and recovery as convenient as possible, we offer:
- Convenient Locations
- Pre-authorization and Insurance Verification
- Flexible Scheduling
- Individualized Care
INPATIENT REHABILITATION SERVICES
The Rehabilitation Department at OakBend Medical Center is focused on improving our patient’s functional mobility to allow for a safe transition home or to a long term care facility.
We offer physical therapy services seven days a week and occupational therapy services five days a week. We feel that providing a one therapist to patient ratio during treatment is crucial to providing the utmost care and attention. Our therapists have an excellent relationship with nursing staff, case management and physicians allowing them to confer on a regular basis to ensure exceptional patient care.
Acute Care and Skilled Nursing services include but are not limited to:
- Post Surgery (medical and orthopedic)
- General Deconditioning
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Stroke/Neurological Conditions
- Wound Care
- Respiratory Illness
OUTPATIENT REHABILITATION SERVICES
Our therapy program offers a team effort approach with ongoing communication between physicians and therapists to ensure patients a fast recovery. Outpatient services that include but not limited to:
- Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Therapy – Our approach to managing joint and soft tissue injuries focuses on the restoration of flexibility, strength, balance and endurance to allow the patient’s return to functional independence and/or sport.
- Hand Therapy – We specialize in the treatment of patients who have been affected by accidents or trauma, suffer from overuse injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, or have chronic conditions such as arthritis.
- Neurological Therapy – We offer physical, occupational and speech therapy services that are customized to allow for maximum functional return. We treat patients with various neurological disorders that affect walking, balance, endurance which affect one’s ability to perform normal daily activities.
Other conditions include but are not limited to:
- Neck and Back Pain
- Post-surgical Rehab
- Auto Accident Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Pregnancy Related Pain
- Shoulder/Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Joint Pain – elbow, wrist, hand, hips, knees, and feet
- Chronic Pain
- Balance and Walking Dysfunctions
Our industrial rehabilitation program offers a wide range of specialized programs designed to meet the needs of both recovering workers and their employers.
Work Conditioning & Work Hardening
As part of our process, we provide Work Conditioning Programs for recovering workers who have progressed through the early course of physical therapy care and are ready for more intense training. We also offer Work Hardening Programs which have increased emphasis on real or simulated work activities designed to restore physical, behavioral and vocational functions.
Work Conditioning consists of:
- Education and training in proper posture and body mechanics.
- Muscle/joint flexibility exercises.
- Strengthening exercises.
- Cardiovascular training.
- Material handling training.
- Non-material handling training.
Work Hardening is reserved for recovering workers who:
- Have completed a previous work conditioning program.
- Have a specific job to return to, or are in a formal rehabilitation plan with a vocational rehabilitation consultant.
- Not ready to return to work.
Work Hardening is a daily program that lasts a minimum of 4 hours daily, up to a maximum of 8 hours daily. Increased emphasis is placed on real or simulated work activities designed to restore physical, behavioral and vocational functions.
Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
We also offer FCEs which include medical/injury history, musculoskeletal assessment and functional testing. The results of an FCE allow the injured worker’s functional abilities to be classified according to standardized terminology. Physicians, vocational rehabilitation consultants, claims managers, nurse case managers and other rehabilitation professionals use the results to assist the worker in safely returning to work.